Saturday, July 20, 2013

My stats summer 2013-how did I do?

Last Saturday I competed in the Speed Strength combine. This is something I do twice a year to ensure that I am maintaining or improving in my fitness and overall speed and strength.  This competition I had to overcome a significant lower back strain probably from overtraining.  Neverthless, I set a few PRs.

My scores were as follows:

Strength:
Mandatory lifts:
bench-346 lbs = 62 pts
 Deadlift-485 lbs (with wraps) = 45 pts.
Optional Lift:
 Squat-415 lbs x 3 reps=469 lbs. 1RM = 64 pts

Speed:
Mandatory events:
40 yard Dash- 4.82 sec = 24 pts
400m run- 57 sec  .........= 64 pts
Optional Event:
60 yard shuttle- 12.71 s  = 19.5 pts

My previous high combined score was 213 pts achieved the previous summer.  I achieved a PR in the DL, bench press, 40 yard dash and 400m run when considering only the times in the SS combine.  It should also be noted that in previous SS combines, I ran the 40 yard dash on the track, but this one I performed on the grass.

This gave me a point total overall of 280, far outpacing my previous best of last summer.  Now it is time to take some time off from the intense and rigourous training program and focus more on endurance type lower intensity training.  I will pick up the pace again 3 months before competing and go for PRs in all events.

If interested, go to here and enter in your stats to see how you compare.

Here is the link to the video from my most recent SS combine....HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment